Max Biocare Procare Diamond Plus
A one-a-day, premium quality preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding formula. Procare Diamond Plus is designed to support the increased nutritional requirements of fetal and infant development. Providing 300mg of DHA Omega-3, in line with updated dietary recommendations Folinic acid, a more directly metabolized form of folate Iron bisglycinate (Ferrochel®) – a patented organic form of iron that is clinically proven to be gentle on the digestive system, and free from nausea and constipation. Plus 20 other nutrients essential to mums and baby’s health and development.
- Max Biocare’s Procare Diamond Plus provides essential nutrients for the special periods before, during and after pregnancy to support female reproductive health, preconception health and healthy fetal development.
- Containing omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA and 300mg of DHA, the level recommended by international practice guidelines.
- Omega-3’s ares needed for baby’s brain development and supplementation of omega-3 during pregnancy is associated with higher birth weight and reduced risk of preterm delivery.
- Supplementation is also beneficial for multiple pregnancies and closely spaced pregnancies due to increased demand for maternal omega-3.
- Procare Diamond Plus is formulated with Ferrochel®, a patented form of iron, clinically proven to improve iron status in pregnant women and shown to be 3-4 times more absorbable than ferrous sulfate.
- Ferrochel® is gentle on the stomach for a low-constipation, low-nausea formulation.
- It also comes with Folinic Acid, an easily metabolized form of folate, and folic acid which, if taken daily one month before conception and during pregnancy, can contribute to a normal pregnancy.
- Pack size: 30 capsules per bottle.
- Dosage: Adults: 1 capsule daily, with or after a meal, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Will Procare Diamond Plus cause constipation or other problems related to iron containing pregnancy supplements?
Unlike other forms of iron, the Ferrochel® in Procare Diamond Plus, does not cause common side effects that are associated with iron supplements, such as metallic taste, nausea and constipation. This is because other forms of iron break down in the digestive tract, rather than being completely absorbed in the body. The Ferrochel® Procare Diamond Plus passes through the intestine more efficiently, while being less likely to be broken down, therefore having fewer digestive side effects [4,5].
Some pregnancy multivitamins contain a higher dose of iron, so will the amount contained in Procare Diamond Plus be enough?
Yes. Before taking iron supplements, it’s a good idea to have your iron levels checked by your doctor, to avoid overloading your system. Depending on your levels, you may not need to take an additional source of iron beyond what is obtained in Procare Diamond Plus. If you do not have iron deficiency, it has been recommended that you intake at least 27 mg per day . But if you do, it is worthwhile noting that the 24mg of Ferrochel® in Procare Diamond Plus is equivalent to the effects of 48mg of iron sulfate, with fewer digestive issues . So, both the dose and the form iron ingredient are important to consider.
Ferrochel® is a registered trademark of Balchem Corporation.
Koletzko et al. Ann Nutr Metab. 2014;65(1):49-80.
Kar et al. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 2016. 198: p. 40-6.
Milman et al. J. Perinat. Med. 2014; 42(2):197-206.
Pereira et al. BMC Gastroenterol 2014;14:103.
1 x Max Biocare Procare Diamond Plus